Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Do you have leave to be gone Friday?

Allphotos, Credit: http://www.lauriemariephotography.com/
Magical words, that resulted in enjoying two marvelous nights away with some really terrific friends.  Although I couldn't leave until 8:15pm, (due to yet another drama camp performance) Jocelyn and Laurie waited for me Thursday night so I could get the full impact girls weekend at the beach.

Jocelyn's husband's grandma owns a beachfront cottage in Lincoln City and she opened the house to us last weekend.  We drove over with Laurie, who is a heck of a lot of fun, and we arrived to find the sea air salty, the beds springy, and the conversation stimulating.  I'm still recovering from two nights spent staying up so late!

The next day we walked on the beach, examined the point, shopped at the outlet malls, helped Jocelyn narrow down purchases for her impending baby boy.  (And very impending, she was at 37 weeks on this trip.), we were joined by Kari and Becca, and had terrific meals.  We went to Coldstone, to celebrate Becca's birthday, and stayed up even later that night gabbing.

After another windy walk on the beach, we took a bunch of group photos, laughing and laughing.
 We tried actually can-caning, but had trouble with the timer getting us at just the right moment, so we had to freeze instead.

Laurie is a professional photographer, and I always congratulate myself when she shoots at an activity I'm at.  So smart to have someone talented cover events!

He're my suggestion--fight scene--used to do these with friends back in the day.
I kept making dumb titanic jokes during this one:
After we said goodbye to Becca and Kari, I learned a new card game, Peanuts, which I already taught my brother.  I am so thankful to Jocelyn, and her husband Grant, for doing the work which made it possible for us to enjoy such a great setting, and such fun and funny friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment