So it turns out, you probably won't heal from your Jones fracture without surgery--but if you are expecting a baby, feel free to hope that you might, because no one will help you in your current predicament.
If you don't heal, you may just do another six weeks of no activity. It didn't help before, but maybe it will make some kind of difference this time, anything is possible.
If you are concerned about the effect on your body and family of what is sure to be another 12 weeks of no activity, followed by the delivery of a newborn, rest in the knowledge that you really deserved the fate. Nothing like doing charity work for Shriner's hospital to be asking for karma to zap you.
And if your youngest child now prefers not only his father, but both Grandmothers to you...because you are useless and boring...at least he's your fourth!
Sorry for the bitterness of the post. All is well with my children, pregnancy, and life in general...I just feel like a fool for believing that I could get better, and like a chump for letting such a small bone derail everything.
Oh! That's awful! I'm so sorry you're having a hard time recovering.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Carrie. I didn't realize the full extent of the problem. I can't even imagine how frustrating that must be! I'm sending you hugs and hope to deliver a real one some time soon (along with those snickerdoodles). ;)
ReplyDeleteAwww, who need's bones anyway?@@# Let's just be squid or octopuses and lurp ourselves everywhere.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, though. That's rough. I was on bed rest for 14 weeks with one of my pregnancies. Immobility stinks. It's not good for your body, brain, or pregnancy even if you have all the time in the world to read or watch Netflix sitcoms.