Friday, June 29, 2012

What are you growing this year?

Besides a new baby, I have let the kids plant seeds in their gardens, our garden boxes, and of course they each have a few plants.
I am a big believer in letting kids do whatever they can for themselves.  It is both lazy parenting, and an inspiring show of confidence in my children.  Since Roland has helped me several times with the process of mixing composts, I knew he could lead in this project while I took photos from my chair with my foot up.

As you can see, he had lots of (mostly unwanted) help from little people.  Welcome to my world!


Molly at work in her garden beds.  She's not the natural gardener Roland is, but when in Rome, have your own garden.

Lillian has a strawberry plant in her planter, and some nasturtium seeds now.  (Along with other assorted seeds that I won't hold out too much hope for.)

After the work was done, we celebrated by eating copious amounts of strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment