Why can't I have children and peace. I enjoyed my day so much, but of course wouldn't give up my small children so most days could be like that. But why can't they be more like that? Why does there have to be a melt down every day? Why can't I just clean up my kitchen without paying for it in another part of the house? Why do I still feel envious of pregnant women, what's that about. Why do I want to put off the 'last' baby pretty much forever, because I want to keep having newborns for the rest of my life. Why can't I be content with one path or the other.
I know no matter what we do, our small children time will come to an end, nature ensures that, and while I know that will be a happy time too, I'm just not ready for all that peace (plus then there will be non stop activities and teenagers, so I'll have that to deal with). I'll have to settle for trying to make my life more peaceful, and hope for the best.
| An early sleep smile |
Oh that last photo just melts my heart!
ReplyDeleteI hear you loud and clear on this one. Even though I have compelling health reasons to not have any more children, I can't quite put away that desire to have another one, just one more. Especially now that my littlest is almost two and talking and walking and becoming less and less a baby each day... (this is not to say I will have another, just that the desire is still much more alive than I'd like it to be at this point).
And yet there is the chaos, the constant interruptions, being constantly called upon for one thing or another, or as you said cleaning the kitchen at the peril of the rest of the house. And then there's the fact that they DO turn into teenagers. That's what finally stopped my Grandma--after her ninth child. ;)