Friday, March 29, 2013

Who roots for the Beavers?

This week I was reading a book entitled Go Ducks to my Lilliander Bear.  She informed me:
"We cheer for the Ducks."  Impressed with her elegant stating of the facts, I agreed.  Then she added "Some people cheer for the Beavers."  Pleased at this further truth, I agreed,

"Like Grandpa in the Brown house."

Lillian furrowed her brow.  "No he doesn't"

I try to explain that I don't mean Grandpa who lives in the green house, who as an alum twice over (undergrad and grad).

She doesn't believe me. (And she's a little mad.)

Trying to clear up this obvious misunderstanding she asks "Do you mean the one with the green and yellow?"

"No", I answer, "the Orange and Black."

"Not my grandpa."  She's really annoyed now that I would smear one of her relative's character by accusing them of rooting for the Beavers.

I drop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment