Adventure: Something you'd rather be telling the story of than experiencing.
I feel like that applies to parenting, especially in the Summer.
This Summer, most days haven't been truly terrible, but each one of them has had at least one hour that I would just love to run out on, and tell the story of later, without having to get through it.
Like yesterday. It wasn't too bad a day, but by 3:30, I'd kicked the kids out to the back yard for 'outside play time'. Things went downhill from there. Jack turned on the hose. I turned it off. Lillian and Jack played in the mud created by the hose. I bathed them, asking Roland to take Anthony to his room and play with him. Roland soon yelled that the baby was poopy and leaking on the floor. I called for Molly to watch him in the tub, making sure that Anthony didn't drown while I cleaned up Roland's room.
Anthony threw up a little after being cleaned up, which I attributed to him eating soap. It was a precursor however, of things to come.
We managed to have dinner (Wesley had to work late), and get out the door. I left Roland behind, and instructed Lillian to not let Jack fall asleep on the way to the library. By the time I looked back 2 minutes later, Lillian herself was asleep. We woke her up to go inside the library.
We met a friend, and Jack soon started playing in the sensory table in the Discovery room. He has played in this rice filled box with 'dinosaur bones' underneath a lot, so at this point he has just started throwing the rice.
I realize, we have to leave, because I cannot make him stop doing this, and when I pick up Anthony, I realize he has a fever. (Which really explained the vomiting).
Later that, I saw my friend at church, and her baby had a fever (they'd inadvertently shared a bottle). Nothing like spreading the joy around!
I don't think anyone can say that being a mom is boring. Whew! Just reading about this makes me tired. I hope you get good sleep!
ReplyDelete