Thursday, April 2, 2020

How about a few thoughts?

I keep thinking of what to write about.  But then I feel overwhelmed, or tired, or busy with nonsense or I can't get my photos to sync.
But I do want to take the time to remember.  Things I want to remember.
I'm learning how to make facial masks that will protect SOMEWHAT for the virus.  Apparently even the good masks can't provide 100% protection I learned from listening to NPR today.  But I have friends asking for them.  And we may all be requried to wear out in public soon.  So tomorrow I'm buckling down and making a bunch.  I felt sick yesterday, so did Molly and Wesley.  It's terrifying, they are so precious, and they both are Asthmatic.  But then we were all doing better today.  I kinda don't get how we could even GET a regular illness with the LIMITED contact with the outside world I'm having (and I'm the one who goes out) and social distancing, and constant santizing of everything.

Lots of unhurried kid time.  We're trying to keep to a schedule but there's room for things like reading a chapter of Harry Potter a night and a movie or a board game EVERY evening.


The sadness and sweetness of being FORCED to be apart.  This was created with plastic cups at the Liberty Elementary fence.  I got pretty misty.  I miss the students I worked with too.  My good friends, my church friends, my theater friends, my friendly aquaintances.  I miss people I saw all the time and people I rarely did.

Time has slowed.  Usually when I think about the day of the week it is, I'm like "I can't believe it's already Thursday!"  Now I'm like, "Oh crap, it's only TUESDAY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment