Tuesday, April 19, 2011

How do you mend a broken heart?

Maybe my heart isn't broken, but it is heavy indeed.  The news that the proposed budget eliminates K-8 librarians is one worry too many.  I'm just sick whenever I think about it, and I've been thinking about it all day.  Why such sorrow on such a beautiful day?  I know I won't take this lying down, I can't, but the widespread pain and suffering all the cuts that our district is about to undertake, weigh me down.  Even if the pro-libraries groups win, those salaries will just be cut elsewhere, and there are no staffing categories that I'd like to see go.  I don't want anyone to lose their jobs (and our economy will surely worsen with a bunch of newly unemployed people around).

Trying to cheer me, up, Jack is on all fours today, and has been continuing his babbling to adorable effect.  It's amazing to see how difficult it is for him, he has to work so hard, and gets so tired from his efforts.  Wesley said "Babies fail, they fail hundreds of times, and they're okay with it, they don't know that they shouldn't, and that's how they manage to learn" or something to that effect.  I thought it was pretty wise.


1 comment:

  1. Such cute pictures!

    I'm not really keeping up with all that means for the schools. Will they still have libraries with no librarians, or does that mean the libraries go too? How sad!

    ReplyDelete