Well you're never going to get it. If you know that Bare Naked Ladies song, you're old like me.
Lillian and Roland moved into new beds this Monday. That car bed has served us well so far. Some ebay purchases last and last. Lillian does not stay in her crib easily, so it seemed a good a time as any. How wrong we were.
These pictures show them ready for bed and excited. From 8pm until 10, we put Lillian back in her bed many times, evacuated Roland from his bed and into the extra bed in our room. He didn't get to enjoy that bed much that night! Then from 10 to 12AM we let her mess around downstairs with me. She was posessed, so tired, so out of her mind. She kept asking for drinks, food, and refusing to partake of any of those things. She pulled my hair several times just for the heck of it. Then at midnight she started crying (as I expected) and cried for 10 minutes until she was asleep in my arms.
I put her to bed, then awoke at 5 to hear her in the hall, getting a book from the book shelf. She screamed and cried as I returned her to her bed, yelling "I want Daddy!" I awoke Wesley, as he was more than welcome to her! He sat by her bed for a couple minutes and she fell asleep. Luckily Jack slept in that morning, so we managed not to behave homicidally for the next day.
Tuesday night went fine, but I don't think it's going to be smooth sailing from here, Bedtime was so peaceful when she didn't know she could escape her crib.




"Who needs sleep? Tell me what's that for?" I'm not THAT old! I think of that song every time kids are keeping me up, too. Gotta love BNL.
ReplyDeleteOh, you brave woman, you! That does not sound fun. And knowing Lillian's personality, you're probably right about not being done with that any time soon. As far as I'm concerned, Phaedra is staying in that crib until she learns to climb out. I don't care if she's 10! Good luck!
I have been toying with getting Drake into his twin bed. I am ready to be done making crib sheets. But on the other hand, WHAT AM I THINKING WILLINGLY GIVING UP PRECIOUS SLEEP?! It is enough that his bladder wakes him up (furious!) at all hours of the night (CHILD! Just go in your pull-up!). I better wait a bit longer to say goodbye forever to the crib...
ReplyDelete