So this weekend we had my brother in law's graduation from college. Which was terrific, but I have no pictures, though my sister in law, Jenna, took one on her camera to prove we were at graduation. However, we had to leave early, as we had a mission!
(Note to Western Oregon University, I went to the graduation thinking 'I wouldn't mind if my children attended this school, I like Monmouth, it's a nice campus, etc.' I left graduation thinking 'If you have 1000 or so graduates to graduate, and you still haven't started reading names 90 minutes in, you are all idiots.) Also-why torture us at lunch time? It started at 11.
So we raced home to pick up a very particular suprise, only to arrive for the graduation barbecue at Wesley's parents' home to discover, we were locked out. We do have a key for the house, but we'd borrowed my Dad's truck, and I always leave keys to my van if we borrow a vehicle, just in case. So we waited in the back yard.
Jack is working and working on his standing.
We kept hearing my mother-in-law leave us messages on her home phone 'Wesley, pick up if you're there!' But alas, we could not, we were outside! I kept listening to her frantic calls, hoping she would yell out the garage door code.
People started arriving, so we weren't locked out anymore. And then the big moment arrived:
So she bought him a dirt bike for graduation. What a wife!
We have been hiding it for her. He was so surprised and thrilled, and we were so happy and proud for him. Patrick and Staci just are so great to have in my life, and I really admire her for her patience and kindness, and him for his spirit and generosity.








No comments:
Post a Comment