Thursday, July 5, 2012

What else are we doing this Summer?

Now that the play is over (insert sigh of relief and sigh of regret), we have a few other fun things lined up (other than the new baby, who we can't really schedule).
I realized that I'd never posted pictures from last summer's Kaneko Day Camp, which we just love.  Tokyo International University has a campus here in Salem, as part of Willamette University's campus.  Students from Japanese colleges spend a year here in the US, taking classes at the Kaneko building, and with US students at Willamette.  They spend a whole year, and are here in the summer.  (Which is why that dorm is air conditioned, and has an outdoor pool.)   One thing the program does to get the students interacting is run a day camp.

The campers, who start at 2nd grade, and go up to middle schoolers learn origami (which Roland particularly likes.)
Calligraphy
A Japanese dance
Some language
And other stuff.  My kids have had such a great time, I felt that I should spread the word a bit.  Roland has loved it for two years, and Molly had a great time her first year.  We liked it so much, that despite it taking place during my due date this year, we signed up anyway!
Sorry about the picture quality!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. This sounds wonderful! I must know more.

    ReplyDelete