Tuesday, April 23, 2013

How will you fill your time now that 'Bye Bye Birdie' is over?

Well, in some bad timing for our family, Track practice has started.
 Roland has already started, and Molly will soon.  (She's actually running in a meet today, despite not practicing while her show was underway.)
At this location, we went to the first practice as a family.  I dropped off Wes and Roland, picked up Molly from her play practice, and then we ate snacks while we watched practice.  Jack and Lillian both tried to get hit by cars.  Lillian came the closest this time.  Wesley and Roland were still in the practice area, but as practice had ended, I went to put the two little boys in the car, and then drove it closer.  Little did I think, until Lillian spied me, and took off out of the track area, with no one noticing.  She was about to rush headlong into traffic to get to our van, but one of the other coaches delayed her, knowing something wasn't right.  Seeing that gleam in her eyes, I parked my van in the middle of the thoroughfare  it was headed the wrong way, and got out to chase her down and try to stop cars from hitting her.  So that was exciting.  Despite all this fun, I think we may start going as a family again now that the play is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment