Thursday, April 7, 2011
First post. Is it 2007?
So I have resisted blogging for a long time. Not because I didn't enjoy my friends' blogs, but because I didn't want another hobby, and I don't really want pictures of me and my children on the internet. I have decided to start a very private blog because. . .of the many ways I feel that I am failing as a mother (a tough job, isn't it?) the one I actually feel worst about is my recent inability to take photos, or upload them to the computer even if one is taken, and finally the complete lack of printing them out. If I challenge myself to post a picture a day (like my dear friend Heather C. is doing), I'm hoping to turn this weakness into a strength. I love to scrapbook, and now that Jack is older, it seems possible, but not if I don't have any pictures from the last 3 years! The photo above is one Molly took last month. Baby steps! I have camera and losing things issues, but that can no longer be an excuse!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay!! Glad to see you on here!!! Can't wait for more updates and pictures, Love you!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogoshpere, at long last! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd may I add that I'm so excited you're going to try out this posting photos strategy. It's made a remarkable difference in our family's life. For one thing, I often find myself making the extra effort to DO things that are worth photographing--like going to the park instead of letting the kids veg in front of the TV while I get stuff done. For another thing, it helps me see that even the humdrummery can be worth photographing. :) Turns out life is an adventure, after all!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see your photos and read your commentary! I'm so excited you've joined the blogosphere.
ReplyDeleteI've been a terrible blogger lately! Maybe we can help hold each other accountable.
Welcome! I too, am in the same boat. I have a blog but haven't posted to it in years. Your new goal is inspiring me. (stephanie)
ReplyDelete