Saturday, my friend Alicia and I did some freezer cooking. Even though I'd broken up with once a month mom, they had a new menu writer who was doing a seasonal, whole foods menu that I thought sounded pretty good. I didn't take pictures of the process, because I was pretty dirty from food splashes early on, but I did take a picture with my partner later that night.
I don't really like this picture because I'm making some sort of weird face, but I'm trying to record my life, and she is a really important friend to me.
As for the cooking. We'll see how the food turns out. I was glad to get back to the freezer cooking, but I think I'll go back to using my own, tested recipes, rather than trusting someone else. I worked so hard trying to figure out if the grocery list was accurate to the recipes, and bought some things that were never seemingly called for in the recipes. I know I'd have felt better if the mistakes (which are inevitable) were my own.
One thing we have done in the past is having cooking nights rather than cooking weekends, which are more manageable, and interspersed with baking nights, which are just infinitely fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment