Thursday, May 26, 2011

How about another Book Fair post?

So this is a photo of me (and Jack), and our Media Specialist (who our school is losing, along with the rest of the district), giving the check to Angela for the Zambia Foundation.  The children raised $594.07 with the contest, and the week of the book fair, patrons donated another $48.17, making this check for $642.87.

We gave it to her at the Parent Teacher Club Meeting, and our PTC president intially wanted to have another parent present it to her.  Now I really didn't mind not being the one to present the money.  The people in the organization already knew I was the one who came up with and executed this plan.  However, while the staff were super helpful and supportive, and our library teacher, or one of the other teachers would have been a great choice to present it, none of the other parents, not even my Book Fair volunteers did anything in this effort.  In the end, I just did it with our librarian.  It was pretty exciting to be able to contribute that much money from the Schirle kids' efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment