Thursday, June 9, 2011

What did she just say?

Lillian is playing this evening.  'Bye Mom, I'm going to a meeting!' (Her dad leaves for meetings regularly).

'Bye, Lillian'

She returns, says this a few more times, than adds a variation.
'Bye, Mom, I'm going to a board meeting'

Where she got that, I don't know.

Then Molly gets into the act.

They go to the 'meeting' (location: our stairwell), and Molly says 'We just sat around for ten minutes, and nothing happened, it was really boring'

I say to Wesley, 'Ah, a board meeting is a meeting you go to and it is boring'.

Also, earlier in the week, I was deep cleaning Roland and Lillian's bedroom.  Lillian was 'helping' me, and Wesley and Jack came to visit on the way to a morning nap.  Lillian had managed to lock us all in without us noticing it.  After a few fraught minutes, Wesley managed to unlock the door with a coat hanger, otherwise he would have had to jump for it!  (Or wait the 7 hours until Roland and Molly returned from school).

1 comment:

  1. Ha! "Board meeting." Don't you love how telling children's play can be? (And I'm glad you didn't have to wait seven hours to be rescued from the room!)

    ReplyDelete