So I had avalanche of support from my sweet readers, all three of you! That is only a slight exaggeration...so I thought I'd better reassure you all that it all worked out crib-wise.
My oldest friend (in terms of how long I've been friends with her, not how old she is, although she is older than me. . . ) heard my sad tale, and offered me her quite new pack n' play. This wonderful item even was the right size for our new mattress, so up it went, and Anthony has been doing very well in it. Sleep training continues, but a good morning nap happened this morning, a short 2nd nap, and then a third nap occurred which seemed to have potential got started, but then Jack came into the room with a screwdriver. This is the second time in two days Jack has messed up an Anthony nap.
When I was a kid, the joke around our neighborhood was that at the _________ (my maiden name) the only rule was 'don't wake the baby!'. I now get the importance of this edict. Don't wake the baby! That nap time is gone forever once you ruin it!
In other news, on Saturday, we trekked to Burgerville for Molly's continued birthday celebration. We always have her family party there, and then we headed to my in-laws' home for the cake I made (Cake #2)==yellow with orange cream cheese frosting (one of my favorites).
While there, Molly's grandparents gave her a new bike for her birthday! She'd really wanted and needed a new one, and now she has one that is the right size again.
So glad the sleep is improving for you. I know all about the "don't wake the baby" policy. I even have a note taped over my doorbell to help enforce it. We get way too many solicitors around here, and I order stuff from Amazon which brings delivery guys who think their packages are all-important and need to be announced to the whole house when they're really just stuff like diapers or bibs or something.
ReplyDelete