Sunday, February 17, 2013

What did you do for Valentine's Day?

We had kind of a special Valentine's Day, as we all got a new nephew or cousin by the end of it.  Because of this, we were missing Daddy most of the day.  He was on babysitting duty.  So he and I (and Anthony) went out to breakfast.  This was a little bit of a big deal, because we almost never eat out, and on those few occasions it happens, it's because someone (else usually) has bought take out.

I had pecan pancakes and that was nice.

Molly had her last 'Beverly Cleary Children's Choice Award Book Club at the library.  She read all the nominees, the discussed each one for 6 months, then the children voted and had a little party.  We were really glad she didn't have rehearsal, as she loves this activity.

I had the opportunity to watch the other 3 at the library with neither Roland nor Molly to help me.  It went fine at first, then suddenly there was a lot of running away by:

This guy.

You know the feeling you have that the library staff totally knows you despite the large number of patrons because your children are maniacs and you look like an idiot?  I had that feeling on Valentine's Day.  Luckily they are discreet in their amusement or contempt.
But I got some new books to read, and that is always good!

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling about the library staff all too well! I'm also afraid that they judge me when we bring our huge stack of books to the counter and have to switch through our 3 library cards because they're all full. Book glutton much?

    ReplyDelete