This morning, Roland reminded me of the injustice of the previous evening. The girls had gotten some hot chocolate, and he hadn't. He wanted some with his breakfast, and I have been really grateful to him lately. He has been really helpful around the house and more pleasant overall. So I encouraged him to heat up the pot of water already on the stove (left from last night's hot chocolate).
I was feeding Anthony on my lap (that kid loves yogurt), and I smelled something wrong. I glanced over, and a potholder was smoldering. It was underneath the square pan of blondies I'd made the previous evening. One blondie was missing (I'd eaten that one, but no one else had had a chance yet). I realized Roland had turned on that burner, and called for him to come. He put out the pot holder in the sink, and as we were contemplating the next move, the pan of blondies exploded. I had feared that, and since I was holding the baby, I hadn't approached the stove.
It all happened pretty fast, and I wonder if I could have done things differently, saved my glass square pan, and a lot of cleanup.
The truth is, I was afraid, once I realized what was going on.
| Molly getting her kindle from Santa |
I told Roland the same thing had happened to me, but I explained I knew why it had happened, that I hadn't been paying attention. I told him he had to eat breakfast at school, which is apparently a terrible punishment. Whatever.
So that is why I hate karma.
Yikes! I'm glad no one got hurt! And I love your first paragraph. Too true, too true.
ReplyDelete