So here is a picture of all the kids in their Christmas pajama bottoms that I made them. On the actual Christmas Morning, all shirts were plain white, but this was a photo taken a couple weeks later to document the cuteness.
When Roland and Molly were 1 and infant aged, I started making matching Christmas Eve jammies for them. I made them tops and bottoms. Lillian joined the family after a few years, and it got tougher, to make tops and bottoms for all three. Then Jack came along, and I gave up on tops. Now I make just bottoms, which are very fast, and I've made the two patterns I use so many times I could just about do it in my sleep. Despite this streamlining, I still feel like I had too many kids for this tradition. Oh beware of what you start when your family is smaller!
I kid. This is a tradition I actually enjoy. There is something so fun about being able to force your kids to coordinate. Also, I really love to sew, so it hasn't gone the way of some other yearly activities.
You are amazing! I never could have gotten that done with a young baby. Christmas is a hard time for blogging. I'm usually lucky if I manage to post once during December. Good for you for getting a picture of those cute pants!
ReplyDeleteLook at all your beautiful babies! I love this picture of all of them together. :) (Also, you're amazing. I could never make my children matching outfits. Never. I'm just not that talented!)
ReplyDelete