Sunday, February 10, 2013

How old is Anthony now?

He is six months yesterday!

Even though he was in ancient, hand me down jammies (which seem super comfy), I snapped a few pictures to commemorate.
All about Anthony:

He is behind on both his Doctor's appointments and immunizations.  I am not sure how much he weighs or how long he is.  He is in search of a more on top of things parent.

His hair is lighter than it used to be, more dark blond as it is filling in, rather than dark brown as it used to be.  His hair is also curly.  We are pleased.

He hasn't quite learned to sit continuously yet, but can stay in sitting position until he is distracted or wants something he has to lean for.  Roland learned at 5 months, but Anthony didn't quite make that.

He rolls around all day long, and I've seen him on all fours once.  I don't feel like crawling is just around the corner, but he is definitely a mobile baby now.

He (like all my children) loves baths and showers.  Occasionally Jack will join him in the bath, and the two will splash each other with wild abandon.

He eats voraciously, both breast milk  and baby food.  He loves fruit, sweet potatoes, eats rice cereal, loves yogurt, and wants our food.  I've started him on cheerios   (He can't reliably get them in yet of course) but it really cheers him up to be fed them (hence the name I guess).  We have to feed him something every time we eat.  It can be a little inconvenient.

He has 2 bottom teeth, and enjoyed having them so much that he almost got weaned.  He seems to be working on toppers now, but he got a reprieve from me for good behavior.

He is the friendliest baby I have ever had or known.  Jack was a people person too, but Anthony loves everyone, is willing to be held by total strangers, hopes everyone will notice him, loves to laugh and talk with all the people he comes in contact with.  He is a real pleasure in that way.

I feel very grateful for Anthony...many happy 6 month returns!

1 comment:

  1. He sure is a sweet little guy. Isn't it such a pain when you have to feed them something every time you eat? And they mostly play with it or make a huge mess?
    We're way behind on well-checks for Curtis, too. Maybe Anthony and Curtis need to work together to find more on top of things parents.

    ReplyDelete